Theft crimes are no laughing matter. If you have been arrested for a theft crime of any kind, you could be facing a variety of punishments, including jail, probation and restitution. Los Angeles Criminal Defense Lawyer who represent people charged with theft understand that the consequences can change a person's life, even a life sentence in prison. However, on occasion, there are theft crimes that truly make no sense. In Manhattan Beach, someone broke in and pried open quite a few teller drawers hoping to find cash. However, he came away with "a lot of change and coins" according to police. The break in was reported in the early morning hours on Sepulveda Boulevard in Manhattan Beach. Police said the burglars took "change, apparently no paper money, according to the security company." Unfortunately, the thieves may have risked prison for just a few bucks. There are many different types of theft crimes, each of which carries its own set of penalties:
- shoplifting - this crime is often a misdemeanor treated as petty theft
- carjacking - this crime was grown increasingly serious and carries with it serious jail time, especially if a weapon is used in the course of the crime
- burglary - this crime involves breaking and entering
- credit card fraud - this crime, because it involves identity theft, could lead to serious consequences, including prison time, probation and more
- white collar theft crime - crimes such as larceny, embezzlement and money laundering involve potential federal laws, which could increase your prison time and make a criminal defense much more difficult.
If you have been charged with a theft offense, contact the Kestenbaum Eisner & Gorin, LLP today The penalties involved in your crime could change your life forever, meaning you need a skilled, experienced lawyer. Tagged as: theft